NOVAZURE LTD – WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This document (and the other documents it refers to) contains the terms and conditions on which you may use www.novazure.com (the “Website”), whether as a guest or a registered user (the “Terms”). The Terms are a legally binding contract between you and NovAzure Ltd. The contract sets out your rights and responsibilities when you use the services provided by NovAzure Ltd, which may include, but is not limited to, our web application, website and any other services (collectively, the “Services”) so please read it carefully.
You will be deemed to have accepted these Terms when you visit the Website and/ or whenever you use any of our Services.
www.novazure.com is a website operated by NovAzure Ltd (“NovAzure”, “we”, “our” or “us”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10527685. Our registered office address is International House, 24 Holborn Viaduct, CITY OF LONDON, London EC1A 2BN, United Kingdom and our email address is email@example.com.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE/ OUR SERVICES
We allow access to our Website and/or our Services on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw, restrict or change our Services at any time and without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the Services are unavailable at any time or if the content is changed or out of date.
You must treat as confidential any user identification code, password or other security feature in relation to the Website/ the Services. If, in our opinion, you aren’t complying with the Terms, we have the right to disable any such code, password or feature at any time.
It is your responsibility that anyone who accesses the Website/ the Services through your internet connection is aware of these Terms and complies with them.
We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable licence to visit the Website/ use the Services—subject to the Terms and the following restrictions:
- You agree that you will not violate any laws in connection with your visiting the Website/ use of the Services. This includes any local, national and international laws that may apply to you.
- You are responsible for paying any fees or subscription payments that you owe to NovAzure Ltd. You are also solely responsible for collecting and/or paying any applicable taxes for any purchases or sales you make through the Website/ our Services.
- You agree not to “crawl,” “scrape,” or “spider” any aspect of the Website/ the Services or to reverse engineer or attempt to obtain the source code of the Services. You shall not misuse the Website/ the Services by knowingly introducing any material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website/ the Services, the server on which the Website is/ any of the Services are stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website/ Services. You must not attack the Website/ Services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By failing to comply with this provision, you would commit a criminal offence and your right to access the Website/ use the Services will cease immediately and we will report your actions to the relevant authorities.
- You agree not to interfere with or try to disrupt the Website/ Services, for example by distributing a virus or other harmful computer code.
- The name NovAzure Ltd and other marks, phrases, logos and designs that we use in connection with our Services, are trademarks, service marks or trade dress of NovAzure Ltd in the UK and other countries. You require our express written permission to use our trademarks, service marks or trade dress.
- We will provide you with certain legal information in writing. By using our Services, you’re agreeing that we may provide you information electronically (by email, etc.) instead of mailing you paper copies, and that your electronic agreement is equal to your signature on paper.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Save as described elsewhere in the Terms, we are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website / the Services and are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You must not use any part of the Website/ the Services for commercial purposes without a licence from us or our licensors. You may not reproduce in any format (including on another website or mobile app) any aspect of the Website/ the Services (including content, images, designs, look and feel) without our prior written consent.
If, in our opinion, you are in breach of these provisions, your right to use the Website/ the Services will cease immediately and you must either return or destroy (as required by us) any copies of the materials you have made.
Content that you post to the Website is your content, and includes (but is not limited to) anything you post using the Website such as usernames, CVs, profile pictures, photos, descriptions, reviews, comments, videos, etc (“Your Content”). NovAzure Ltd does not make any claim to Your Content.
- Responsibility for Your Content. You understand that you are solely responsible for Your Content. You represent that you have all necessary rights to Your Content and that you’re not infringing or violating any third party’s rights by posting it or uploading it to the Website.
- Permission to Use Your Content. By posting Your Content to the Website/ through our Services, you grant NovAzure Ltd a licence to use it. We don’t claim any ownership to Your Content, but we have your permission to use it to help NovAzure Ltd function and grow. That way, we won’t infringe any rights you have in Your Content and we can help promote Your Content.
- Rights You Grant to us. By posting Your Content, you grant NovAzure Ltd a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual licence to use, display, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, store, and prepare derivative works of Your Content to provide the Website/ the Services and to promote NovAzure Ltd or the Website/ the Services in general, in any formats and through any channels, including across any NovAzure Ltd websites or other Services or third-party website or advertising medium. Your Content will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose it to third parties.
- Reporting Unauthorized Content. We take intellectual property rights very seriously, and are committed to following appropriate legal procedures to remove infringing content from the Website / the Services. If content that you own or have rights to has been posted to the Website/ Services without your permission and you want it removed, please contact us at the email below. If Your Content infringes another person’s intellectual property, we will remove it if we receive proper notice. If any third party claims that any material posted or uploaded by you to the Website/ the Services violates their intellectual property rights, or their right to privacy, we have the right to disclose your identity to them. We’ll notify you if that happens.
- Inappropriate, False or Misleading Content. This should be common sense, but there are certain types of content we don’t want posted via the Website/ the Services (for legal reasons or otherwise). You agree that you will not post any content that is abusive, threatening, defamatory, obscene, vulgar or otherwise offensive or in violation of our Terms. You also agree not to post any content that is false and misleading or uses the Services in a manner that is fraudulent or deceptive. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for Your Content or the accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of the Website/ the Services.
ACCESSING THE SERVICES
Certain functions of the Website/ the Services, will require an active internet connection. The connection can be Wi-Fi, or provided by a mobile network provider, but NovAzure Ltd cannot take responsibility for the Website/ the Services not working at full functionality if you do not have access to an active internet connection. In using the Website/ the Services, you accept responsibility for any charges incurred for the cost of data for the duration of the connection while accessing the Website/ the Services, or other third party charges, including roaming data charges. If you are not the bill payer for the device on which you’re accessing the Website / the Services, please be aware that we assume that you have received permission from the bill payer for using the Website/ the Services.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Website is / Services are provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to their accuracy or functionality. To the extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it (whether by us or a third party), including, without limitation any liability for: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law, including death and personal injury.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION AND LINKS
Any content made available on the Website/ the Services (including links to other sites, apps and resources provided by third parties) are for information only, and we shall not be liable for any use of, or reliance on, such materials. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through the Services meet your specific requirements.
You may terminate your account with NovAzure Ltd by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Terminating your account will not affect the availability of some of your content and any outstanding payments owed to us will still be payable.
We may terminate or suspend your account (and any related accounts) and your access to the Website/ the Services at any time, for any reason, and without advance notice. If we do so, it is important to understand that you don’t have a contractual legal right to continue to use the Website/ our Services. We may refuse access to anyone at any time for any reason.
If you or we terminate your account, you may lose any information associated with your account, including any content created by you.
We reserve the right to change, suspend or discontinue any of the Website/ the Services at anytime, for any reason. We will not be liable to you for the effect that any changes to the Website/ the Services may have on you, including your income or your ability to generate revenue through the Website/ the Services.
The Terms will remain in effect even after your access to the Services is terminated or your use of the Website/ the Services ends.
INDEMNIFICATION (OR WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU GET US SUED)
You agree to indemnify us from any legal claim or demand that arises from your actions, your use (or misuse) of the Website/ Services, your breach of the Terms or your account’s infringement of someone else’s rights.
These Terms, including all of the other documents that make up the Terms, supersede any other agreement between you and NovAzure Ltd regarding the Website/ the Services. If any part of the Terms is found to be unenforceable, that part will be limited to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms will otherwise remain in full force and effect. Our failure to enforce any part of the Terms is not a waiver of our right to later enforce that or any other part of the Terms.
CHANGES TO THE TERMS
We may amend the Terms at any time by amending this page or, if we believe the changes are material, we will let you know by i) notifying you via the Website/ the Services, or ii) sending you an email or messages about the changes. You are responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any changes. Your use of the Website/ the Services following the changes constitutes your acceptance of the updated Terms.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site.
If you have any questions about the Terms, please email us at email@example.com.
Last updated: 10/28/2017
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 we are a data controller.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you access the Website or use our Services, there are a number of ways in which you provide information and other data to us. You may be asked to provide us with the following personal information: 1) your full name, 2) email address, 3) your telephone number, 4) your CV (including all information contained in that), 5) general information relating to enquiries you submit. By accessing the Website and using the Services, you consent to us processing and collecting this data, on the terms and for the reasons which are explained below.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
As is true of most websites, it will be possible to gather information about your computer or device such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system. This information may be used to:
- drive future product development in line with customer platform and technology use;
- respond to customer service requests;
- send out a newsletter or occasional product alerts or marketing communications;
- improve the Website or Services and our marketing efforts; and/or
- respond to your questions and concerns.
Certain features of the Website (such as uploading or downloading content) may need to access information on your computer or device in order to work. By using such functionality, you consent to NovAzure Ltd accessing your device and information. If we can, we will ask you before the Website accesses your device or information.
HOW TO EDIT, DELETE OR ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information that we hold about you, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. You can also ask us not to send you direct marketing communications (however please note that we may continue to send you service-related (i.e. non-marketing) communications whilst you hold an account with NovAzure Ltd. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to meet our costs in responding, we may charge you a fee of £10.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
Except as described below, we will not share your information with any third parties.
We may disclose the information you provide us:
- to any of our group companies (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985);
- as required by law, any applicable regulation to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves or others. This may include disclosing to other companies and organisations in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- if NovAzure Ltd is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, to any prospective seller or buyer of all (or part of) our business or assets. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information;
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
We will never pass your information to a third party for them to use in their own direct marketing without your express consent.
The security of your personal information is important to us. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services via the Website. Once your account has been deleted, we will only retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer hold your personal information, contact us at email@example.com.
USE OF LOCATION DATA
The Website may make use of location data sent from your mobile device. You can turn off this functionality at any time by turning off the location services settings for www.novazure.com on your mobile device. If you use these services, you consent to us and our partners’ and licensees’ transmission, collection, maintenance, processing and use of your location data and queries to provide and improve location-based and road traffic-based products and services. You may withdraw this consent at any time by turning off the location services setting on your mobile device or on www.novazure.com.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer (if you consent to us using cookies). Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
Types of Cookies
These cookies let you use the different parts of the Website. Without them services that you want cannot be provided. Some examples of how we use these cookies are:
- Signing into an account on the Website;
- Remembering previous actions such as text entered into a registration form when navigating back to a page in the same session;
- Remembering security settings which restrict access to certain content e.g. to help with parental control cookies.
These help us to personalise the Website to you. For example, remembering your preferences and settings so that we will remember them using functional cookies to give you information on the Website personalised to you.
Some examples of these cookies are:
- Flash cookies, which are stored on your hard drive, not your browser. These are useful for things e.g. pausing something;
- Remembering if you visited the Website before so that messages for new visitors to the Website are not displayed to you when you return to the Website;
- Remembering settings applied to the Website such as colour, font size and layout.
These help us understand how people are using the Website, so we can make it better and allow us to try new things to improve your experience on the Website. The information gathered does not identify any individual and is aggregated.
We sometimes get other companies to analyse how people are using the Website. These companies may set their own performance cookies.
Some examples of how we use these cookies are:
- To collect information about which web pages visitors go to most often so we can improve the online experience;
- To collect information about the platforms that referred visitors to our Website;
- Error management to make sure that the Website is working properly;
- Testing designs to help improve the look and feel of our Website.
We use this information to help run our Website more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Website.
Content Sharing and Social Networking Cookies
These cookies enable users to share pages and content through third party social networking and other platforms. The companies that serve these cookies may also use your information to serve targeted advertising on other platforms.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Website.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.com/uk.