NovAzure had a great day joining other delegates at the UK Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Conference at the NEC on 28th June.
Congratulations to the UK HFCA and Climate Change Solutions for putting on a great event and thanks to all the great speakers!
- Striking sense of community and common purpose across the spectrum of participants.
- Shared perspective that hydrogen’s ‘commercial breakthrough’ is (finally) beginning now – underlined by much talk of improved order books.
- Strength-in-depth of solutions within the UK hydrogen community: a wealth of IP and ideas for delivering a hydrogen eco-system, but also concern about the risk of a ‘brain drain’ of those ideas overseas to countries such as the USA and China:
- Need for clearer UK government legislative frameworks, eliminating complexity; and more government funding for hydrogen programmes – despite all that has been made available to date;
- Access to more private investors who are willing to put venture capital into UK hydrogen companies and their projects.
NovAzure Partner, Phil Cholerton, spoke with several hydrogen companies who described wrestling with the ‘growing pains’ of commercialisation of their ideas – where human capital, processes and growing complexity risk an overload on scarce resources and/or missing the big priorities. NovAzure services currently support a range of clients through that maturity journey, including access to funding, and we’d be pleased to discuss your needs and how we can help.
Get in touch with Phil at: firstname.lastname@example.org