Partner – Edinburgh, UK
Andrew has a 20-year track record as a private equity investor, project/corporate financier and project developer, including M&A, the funding of private power projects and energy utility privatisations. He has lead the managed investment fund portfolios with CDC-Actis and Climate Change Capital, investing globally, with a focus on Emerging Markets. At NovAzure, he is using this experience to provide strategic advisory and financial structuring support for early stage cleantech ventures.
- Experienced angel investor in cleantech ventures – energy storage, EVs, energy efficiency, heating/cooling
- Advising project developers and financial investors on investments in the renewable energy markets in Europe – financing the development and acquisition of wind projects across the UK, France and Ireland
- Climate Change Capital: Lead a team in Beijing in the origination and execution of investments in alternative energy and energy efficiency sectors in China and North Asia – portfolio USD600m
- CDC-Actis: Managed a USD350m portfolio of investments in private generation and distribution companies, across Africa, Latin America and South Asia
- Advised a private equity fund in its acquisition of a 50% equity stake in a leading Asian private power development company, now owned by CGN and listed on HKSE as CGN Meiya Power Holdings Co. Acted as a non-executive director, through preparation for IPO on the Singapore Stock Exchange and then trade sale exit to Standard Chartered
- PWC, CDC-Actis, Climate Change Capital